A lot has happened over the past four months. So much, in fact, that to save your brains and not max out your attention spans, I’m going to keep this short and list-like with the option to read more:
3. I’m experimenting with a new radical transparency financial model. Will I regret it? Maybe!
4. Our limited edition artist collaboration tees are on sale! No promo code needed!
4. The VW publishing program is changing in a few ways:
- I’m publishing only what I can afford (kind of obvious but not part of my original, produce-as-much-as-humanly-possible business plan).
- I’m launching a new (and I think very cool) community supported art writing initiative that lets you directly support the writing you want to read. More on that soon.
- I’m expanding beyond official, canonical, capitol letters, The Arts to West Coast creatives of all types. More on that soon (hint: this song is stuck in my head).
5. The first Cliff Notes of 2023 is coming this Thursday, April 6! Are you subscribed?
6. We’re uploading the ENTIRE Cliff Notes archive to the website! That means almost three years of weekly emails recording the best West Coast art, all searchable and at your fingertips (eventually, we’re a tiny team of part time people doing many things).
That was a lot, here’s a clip of my ducks from last summer to cleanse your mental palette:
And here are three songs about coming back to work:
- Soul II Soul & Caron Wheeler, Back to Life
- Death, Where Do We Go From Here???
- They Might Be Giants, Minimum Wage
P.S. This new website is a work in progress. If you find something that isn’t working or looks wonky, please let us know! Email us at email@example.com.